About the Teacher
- Hello everybody, and welcome to the new and exciting 2019-2020 school year. I am very proud to be working with your children. I am expecting a great year with a lot of progress, fun, and exciting events.
I have been working as an educator for over 20 years, including E.S.L. for adults, substituting in preschool through grade 12 and teaching 4-6 for about 16 years. I am excited and looking forward to the challenge of teaching sixth grade again this year. I received my B.A. at Cal State San Bernardino, my teaching credential at Chapman University and my Master in Education at Cambridge College. I am married and have three children, one attends high school, the other two are in college. I was also very involved in AYSO soccer at Philips Ranch, since my kids used to play there, and I also refereed. In previous years I have been assistant coach, coach and even Team Dad (My Team Mom moved away an nobody stepped up to do the the job).
My teaching philosophy includes:
- Student needs and interests
- Getting parent input and setting learning goals
- Using State Standards and grade level curriculum
- Continuous analysis and assessment of student work
- Providing the necessary student interventions
- Offering a balanced learning program that suits a variety of student learning styles and modalities
- Time to reflect and revisit activities that need additional instruction and practice
My goals as your child's teacher:
- To promote student self-image and confidence
- To build a community of learners who work together and respect one another
- To meet each students' educational needs, so that they can grow and excel as life-long learners