About the Teacher
- Hello everybody, and welcome to the new and exciting 2017-2018 school year. I am very proud to be working with your children. I am expecting a great year with a lot of progress, fun, and exciting events.
I have been working as an educator for about 20 years, including E.S.L. for adults, substituting in preschool through grade 12 and teaching 4-6 for about 16 years (mostly 5th) I am excited and looking forward to the challenge of teaching sixth grade this year. I received my B.A. at Cal State San Bernardino, my teaching credential at Chapman University and my Master in Education at Cambridge College. I am married and have three children, one attends middle school, the other high school and the other college. I am also very involved in AYSO soccer at Philips Ranch, since my kids play there, and this year I signed up to be a referee. In previous years I have been assistant coach, coach and even Team Dad (My Team Mom moved away an nobody stepped up to do the the job). One of my sons plays in Diamond Bar Legacy and I help there too.
My teaching philosophy includes:
- Student needs and interests
- Getting parent input and setting learning goals
- Using State Standards and grade level curriculum
- Continuous analysis and assessment of student work
- Providing the necessary student interventions
- Offering a balanced learning program that suits a variety of student learning styles and modalities
- Time to reflect and revisit activities that need additional instruction and practice
My goals as your child's teacher:
- To promote student self-image and confidence
- To build a community of learners who work together and respect one another
- To meet each students' educational needs, so that they can grow and excel as life-long learners